20 Mar COVID-19 Information
UPDATE: COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
- At this time the South Bend Clinic is NOT administering COVID-19 vaccinations. For information on where to get vaccinated, please visit ourshot.in.gov or call 211.
- People on the list who should not receive a coronavirus vaccine include:
- Anyone with severe allergy or reaction to any component of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Do not meet the age criteria (at this time the age is 70 and older)
- Actively has the virus in which they should complete the 10 day quarantine period before receiving vaccine, or have received any prior vaccinations other than the COVID vaccine within the last 14 days.
- Contact your physician if:
- You have had a severe allergic reaction to vaccines in the past such as anaphylactic shock should NOT receive the COVID-19 vaccine until they discussed it with their doctor or have additional questions.
- However, those who have allergies that are NOT associated with vaccinations such as pets, food, etc., can safely get the vaccine.
- You have or have had a previous medical condition
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding
COVID-19 FAQs: Answers to your questions about COVID protocols
Free Coronavirus Hotline: 574-307-6870
The South Bend Clinic provides a free coronavirus hotline for anyone with symptoms or concerns about exposure to the coronavirus. You don’t have to be a South Bend Clinic patient to use the hotline.
Drive thru testing is only being used at this time for those individuals who have been screened through our hotline (574-307-6870). Drive-thru testing is not a self-referred service, you must have an appointment.
The coronavirus hotline is available during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Ahora hablamos español
Línea directa gratuita de coronavirus
Llame para programar una prueba. Evaluación virtual y pruebas servi-carro disponible.
South Bend Clinic- Day Rd.
301 E. Day Rd.
Mishawaka, IN 46545
St. Adalbert’s Catholic Church- Parking Lot Across from the Church
501 S. Olive St. (corner of Huron and Olive)
South Bend, IN 46619
Monday-Friday: 8am-4pm, by appointment only
What to expect when calling our coronavirus hotline:
When you call the South Bend Clinic Coronavirus hotline, you will speak to a South Bend Clinic healthcare professional and answer questions about your symptoms, exposure to the coronavirus through contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus, as well as your recent travel.
It is important that you stay in your car. A South Bend Clinic healthcare professional in a protective face mask will meet you at your car and direct you to the drive-thru testing entrance.
Drive thru testing is only being used at this time for those individuals who have been screened through our hotline, 574-307-6870.
Drive-thru testing is not a self-referred service. You must have an appointment.
If you are experiencing life- threatening symptoms, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- Exposure to someone with the virus
- Close contact with someone who has been exposed to the virus
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches