- We work with universities and cancer centers to coordinate the most comprehensive treatment regimens at the local level.
- Designated Patient Support Advocate helps find financial support whenever possible.
- State-of-the-art infusion center.
Professional, Caring, Experienced
Whether working to rid the body of cancer or providing specialized care to allow the highest quality of life for critically-ill patients, the goal of The South Bend Clinic Oncology & Hematology Department is to provide a continuum of supportive care from diagnosis through treatment. Each treatment program is personalized to better manage cancer, treatment therapies, and related side effects, as well as address the emotional needs of cancer patients and their families.
- On-site pharmacy with a chemotherapy pharmacy technician experienced in mixing and compounding chemotherapy drugs safely.
- Staff includes Oncology-Certified nurses and Infusion-Certified nurses with years of experience.
Oncology & Hematology Services
- Oncologists to diagnose and treat cancers, such as breast, colon and lung cancers, and lymphomas such as Hodgkin’s disease.
- Hematologists to diagnose and treat disorders of the blood, such as anemia, clotting and bleeding problems, and white blood cell problems, including leukemias and other disorders of the bone marrow.
- Private chemotherapy education with an RN prior to the start of any treatment regimen.
- The infusion nurses take calls on a rotating basis, so you will speak with a nurse familiar with your care if you happen to call after hours.
- Our Infusion Room offers large, comfortable recliners with a private TV at each site, two private rooms, warm blankets, beverages, and snacks.
- Infusion nurses are certified in chemotherapy and biotherapy administration and must complete additional education every two years and pass a national exam.
- Family members are welcome to stay with patients during treatment.