Vestibular Rehabilitation; Including Balance & Fall Prevention
- Certified in the treatment of concussion therapy when patients exhibit symptoms of dizziness with movement, blurred vision, difficulty reading; and balance impairments related to difficulty with sensory integration.
- Certified in the treatment of vestibular and balance disorders, as well as related dizziness.
- For adults who have suffered strokes that affect their mobility and ability to function,
- Neurodevelopmental techniques are certified in the treatment of children with developmental delays and neuromuscular disorders.
Treatment of pain syndromes affecting the spine (neck, midback, and low back) and the extremities (upper and lower).
Therapy is an integral part of rehabilitation following an orthopedic injury. Our therapists are experts at identifying problems, understanding anatomy and pathology, and developing an individualized plan of care. Our team works efficiently to:
- Minimizing swelling
- Develop strength
- Regain motion
- Enable your return to function
Worker Compensation Rehabilitation and Treatment of Work-Related Injuries
Our highly trained therapists understand the Indiana Workers Compensation system and know how important it is for injured workers to return to the job safely as soon as possible. From repetitive stress and overuse injuries to fractures, muscle sprains and strains, our therapists have extensive work injury rehabilitation experience. Our staff communicated effectively with referring caseworkers and physicians to make an employee’s return to work a seamless process.
Work-related injury programs include:
- Evaluation of work related injuries
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Development of plan of care with emphasis
- Physical therapy modalities for pain relief on home exercise program
- Work conditioning / work hardening
- Pre-employment Screenings
Pelvic Floor Therapy
Pelvic floor physical therapy is a specialized service with an emphasis on the pelvic floor and associated trunk muscles, addressing the impact on the bowel, bladder, sexual health, and core stability. Allied Physical Therapy provides this non-invasive treatment for a variety of conditions, including incontinence, abdomino-pelvic pain, dysfunctional voiding, and constipation. These services are offered across the life span, including pediatrics, and are available for men and women.
When recovering from cancer surgery and treatment, some men and women face difficulties with pain, incontinence, scarring, lymphedema, muscle weakness and/or movement restrictions. Our therapist will customize a plan of care to support a quick recovery. Lymphedema care may include manual therapy for scar mobilization, manual lymph drainage, compression wrapping, and exercises to facilitate lymphatic flow.